Procedure for refund of ITC when export is made without payment of IGST
Below procedure has been prescribed in CGST rule vide Notification no. 15/Central Tax dt 1.7.17 for refund of accumulated ITC when export is made without payment of duty :
CGST Rule 2017 Rule 96A : Refund of Tax for Export of goods or services under bond or Letter of Undertaking (claim of refund of ITC where goods exported without payment of IGST): –
- To furnish Bond or Letter of Undertaking in Form GST RFD-1 to the Jurisdictional Commissioner before the export,
- Material should be exported within 15 days from three months of Invoice date i.e within 105 days from issuance of Export invoice.
- Payment should be received in Convertible Foreign Exchange.
- Such payment should be received with 15 days from one year of issuance of export invoice date or approx. 380 days from invoice date.
- Export invoice detail as per GSTR-1 has to be electronically communicated to Customs portal and after export the communication also has to be transmitted to the GSTN portal electronically.
- In case the material is not exported as mentioned in point (ii), then due tax and interest has to be paid from the date of export.
- Above procedure is also applicable for supply to SEZ unit.
[gview file=”http://www.globalcma.in/wp-content/uploads/CGST-1.7.17-notfctn-15-central-tax-english.pdf” save=”1″]