CORPORATE GYAN PART 2 DEALING WITH BOSS!
Suppose you are new in a company and it is your first corporate experience. Things cannot be predicted so easily because way ahead is full of uncertainties! One of the most crucial aspect of a corporate life is dealing with your bosss. Let’s keep in mind some points which you should take care of when dealing with your boss:-
- Know your bosss ASAP. By knowing I mean his/her nature, requirements, likes & dislikes etc. This is the MOST important thing which can make you as well as save you!
- Increase the number of interactions with your bosss. This thing will help to increase the comfort level with boss.
- While having conversation with boss, listen more & speak less!
- Try to avoid arguments. Argue only in case of utmost emergency.
Also Read:- “CORPORATE GYAN” PART-I PROPER MAILING
- Be willing to help your boss. Even if a particular thing is not your area but is concerning your boss then try to help him/her. This helping attitude may backfire in some situations but generally it is a good thing to be willing in case of bosss.
- Always try to provide the solution of a problem in a brief manner. Remember, boss is always interested in the solution and not the description!
- Never criticize your boss. Never say bad words about your boss behind his/her back. It can be very lethal!
- Speak politely in a gentle manner. Your tone of voice matters!
Follow Us on :- Facebook
- Always discuss with your bosss before taking any important decision. You may have the power to take that decision without anyone’s confirmation but still it is advisable to discuss before taking any important decision.
- Always put your bosss in cc (mails), actually not always!
- If you are given a work and you are facing problems in completing the work then try to find out all the possible problems before approaching your boss for help. The point is don’t disturb your bosss every time you face a problem, this thing may irritate the bosss!.
Follow Us on :- Instagram
- Never say NO to your bosss. Of course exceptions are there!
- Never try to ignore or by pass your bosss. These things may backfire later.
- Avoid discussing your personal things with your bosss!. These discussions may reveal your weaknesses which can be used as an advantage by your boss! later.
- Always take care of the feedbacks given by bosss!
- If you are going to raise a point against the work done by your boss! then make sure that no one else is there and the mood of your boss is all right! It also depends on the type of person your boss is!
- Bosss! is always right! Naahhh, he/she may be wrong but keep this thing with yourself only!
- Sometimes it is not recommended to provide definite statements to bosss. Let him/her decide, you may provide inputs only. It totally depends and varies from case to case.
By GAURAV GANGULY