“CORPORATE GYAN” PART-I PROPER MAILING
Proper mailing is very important. Some points, which must be taken care regarding mails, are-
- Try to be precise, always write to the point taking care the requirements of the receiver.
- Avoid grammatical mistakes.
- Use simple and effective formatting.
- Be very cautious about putting names in address fields for example TO, CC & BCC. Most of the time order of names holds high importance. You should also know which name you should put in TO and which name in CC, it varies from case to case. If you are new in a company, you should seek guidance from someone whom you can trust.
- Always put your boss in CC, actually not always!
- Do not do anything for anyone by verbal communication (boss is an exception). Seek a formal mail if someone is delegating or entrusting you to do something.
Also Read: CMA Journey of CMA Nikhil Subhash Pawar
- If you are attaching a file or something, check once that the file is correct and proper. In addition, check the name of the file is in line with requirements.
- Subject of the mail should be brief and must represent the content of the mail. If you want the receiver to immediately open your mail then make the subject catchy!
- Do not send a fresh mail for an ongoing topic. Use the option of REPLY. Reply to the latest mail you received. There are exceptions also!
- Try to communicate maximum with minimum words!
- Double-check everything in a mail (for example TO, CC, attachment, content, subject etc.) before clicking on the send button.
- Read mails patiently otherwise you may miss something important (for example attachments)!
By Gaurav Ganguly