Choose a good location to study
- This place should be clean, quiet, well-lit and away from all distractions of television or the computer.
- Studying in a place similar to your exam environment might make you more comfortable during the test itself, as familiarity will help to reduce the fearsome feeling of testing.
- Always be certain to take everything with you that you will need to work, including books, lecture notes, past assignments, pens and pencils.
Making a Study Plan
- Calculate the actual number of hours available in a day for studies By listing down all the activities you are performing from the time you wake up to the time you go to sleep
- Identify the levels of difficulty in understanding of all the subjects you are studying. Make the list of the subjects with descending order of time.
- Allocate your available time for studies properly depending on the levels of difficulty. Make separate list for week days and weekends.
- Wastage of time should be minimum and maximum time should be used for studies.
- Give proper revision time revision time, Revise the previous lessons. Redo past assignment problems and sample problems from the text.
- Prepare a timetable/plan for studies as per above guidelines and Be honest in doing the planned work.
Studying According to the Plan
- Stay on the plan. If you become stuck on a problem, clarify it ,Catch up as soon as possible, and continue as planned.
- Memorize major concepts by Reviewing this material when you are caught standing in line or with time to spare between classes.
- Do selective study ,Do not re-read your textbook; you have already done it once and to do so again would overload you. Review sections you have highlighted(underlined), any notes you made in the margins, formulae, definitions and chapter summaries.
- Study in a chronological order.Begin your studies with the material from the first class and move forward in chronological order, spending only small amounts of time in low priority areas and more time in higher priority areas. This review will give you a stronger basis from which to master the more important material when you get to it. If you choose to study in chronological order, be careful to pace yourself so that you do not leave a critical study part to do the night before the exam.
- Monitor the work you have done.Check for anything you might have missed.
Written By : Garima Aggarwal